Star Date: April 27, 2019
Greetings Readers! The Spring winds are blowing away the remnants of Winter here in Flagstaff. In early April, Robert and I made a short getaway for a “working vacation” to Colorado. We were able to dip into hot springs and recover from a very long winter of snow, injured knees, and puppy care. Our sweet Olivia is maturing and developing the cutest little habits. She buries her biscuits in the couch or under my pillow if she’s not hungry. She has an unusual trilling sound that she makes when she is very tired. While trilling, she uses all four paws and turns her blanket into a messy nest before collapsing into sleep. We call this ‘beating up the beddy’. . . ADORABLE!
When not tending to puppy Olivia, our author has been busy as usual with various projects. He’s working on a novel that will be released later this year, as well as a few short stories; one for a pirate anthology promises to be a big hit with ghost loving fans.
“Campfire Tales” is an ongoing project where Robert writes short stories based on your cues and suggestions. Once he has several stories, he will turn them into an anthology. This month’s survey invites you to select from a list of big and small events and suggest some words to be woven into the tale. If you want to be part of the fun, click on over to the Survey Monkey.
For my part, in addition to serving as the Camp Activities Specialist, I am also the Post-Zombie Apocalypse Reporter and President of the Woody and June Fan Club. With the state of the world being so precarious for so many reasons, an apocalypse is not out of the question. The humorous spin Robert has injected into the Woody and June stories is just what I need to lift the corners of my frown into a smile. I’ve heard the entire series and just want to hear more. Even re-run listening makes me laugh. Join the club; it’s free and fun. If you do, you’ll get the first two episodes of the Woody and June series FREE.
As for our Camp Activities! Here’s the update:
- Campfire Tale #1, “The Pearce Shoot Out”. . . still standing by for the market response. I can’t believe how long this process can take. Our author is a very patient man!
- Campfire Tale #2, “The Mystery at Molas Pass,” is going to be available for you to read in the very near future as a micro-release by Arapas, Inc. Stay tuned!
- Campfire Tale #3 is being written as we speak. It’s a mash up of genres (sci-fi/fantasy and mystery) using words like eyebrow, spatiotemporal, bassawkwards, and maybe wombat!
- Visit the Survey Monkey to offer your Campfire Cues for Tale number four!
- If you have not done so yet, please visit Robert’s new Facebook Author Page!
As always, if you have a question or comment, please leave it below. Happy Reading.