It’s release day! The Blood of Carterville is out today and I am so excited.
I know, we are in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic and things are crazy out there, but I think of this as me doing my part. I’m not a medical professional or part of the many professionals directly needed right now, I am a writer. And I do believe entertainment is vitally important. We all need to escape.
The blurb is below, but here are the quick points:
- This is a novella, about 100 pages long in print and will take about 2.5 hours to read.
- The ebook is on sale for $0.99 (in the US) right now.
- It’s a mystery set in a fictional town in Northern Arizona where everyone has powers (but only while near Carterville).
- I am hoping this is the start of a series. There are so many stories to tell here.
- There’s a lovely landing page for the book where you can go read the first chapter right now.
- The Blood of Carterville is certified virus-free. It’s a fine place for a brief escape amidst all this.
Here’s the full blurb:
Carterville, AZ. Population: 286. People with powers: 198
Just a sleepy former mining town turned tourist haven in the mountains of Northern Arizona until the “incident.” The meteorite that gave everyone in the town powers, but only while near Carterville.
Some people think that the blood of Carterville bestows powers, but when a tourist stabs police Chief Henry Carter’s best friend, everything changes.
Henry will do the unthinkable to save his friend. But when the crime gets complicated, can Henry find the culprit and save his town, much less survive?
From Robert J. McCarter, long-time Arizona resident and the author of Shuffled Off: A Ghost’s Memoir, comes a mystery and a town you will never forget.
I hope you all are staying safe and sane out there. I can’t keep you safe, but maybe I can help keep you sane with books like this one. I’ll have an announcement shortly about more efforts along those lines.